Cabot Heritage Corporation
September 2008 - December 2011
Editor of Cabot Wealth Advisory, 230,000 Subscribers
Email Marketing Manager
- Scheduled and planned all editorial and marketing content for daily email newsletter.
- Managed eight writers and coordinated the publication of their content from conception to publication.
- Wrote a weekly column on a diverse range of financial topics including the U.S. stock market, specific stocks and educational lessons. You can read some of my writing samples below or click here to see all of my Cabot columns.
- Wrote and maintained internal style guide to ensure all materials were consistent.
- Planned marketing campaigns by working with copywriters as well as the design and IT departments.
- Wrote online advertisements and managed website content using Sitecore content management system.
- Managed social media, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Tracked and analyzed marketing campaigns to improve future performance.
- Managed second email newsletter, published three times per week.
- Managed email newsletter list to ensure our delivery rating was high and our newsletters were getting through to subscribers' inboxes.
- Edited other newsletters and printed marketing material.
- Wrote daily news stories for website.
November 2006 to November 2007
Night news desk copy editor
- Edited five to 15 stories per night for grammar, style, spelling, punctuation and content, wrote headlines and photo captions. Proofread pages and website. Designed several pages one to two nights per week.
summer 2005 to fall 2005
Reporting intern and freelance writer, Life section
- Wrote more than a dozen stories on various topics, including health, technology and education. Attended weekly planning meetings to brainstorm story ideas. Helped reporter with a long-term project that involved computer-assisted reporting and resulted in a freelance story, a profile of one of USA Today's All-USA Teachers. You can read all of the stories that I wrote during my internship here.